Post Year 11 students (i.e. 16-19 year olds) can study Advanced Supplementary (AS) and Advanced Level (A Levels) examinations in preparation for University Entrance. There will be a choice of subjects and the individual programmes of the students will be discussed with the students, their parents and the teaching staff to meet the needs of the individual. The Cambridge Board Examinations are internationally recognized and accepted as a gold standard for entry to universities world-wide.
Cambridge International A Level qualifications are accepted by all UK universities and nearly 850 US universities including IVY League. In places such as the US and Canada, good grades in carefully chosen Cambridge International A Level subjects can result in up to one year of university course credit!
● Chinese, History, Further Maths, Geography, Biology: Pick 1 subject
● Physics, English (Language/literature), Business Studies: Pick 1 subject
● Art, Music, Math (Pure/Statistics): Pick 1 subject
● PE, Chemistry, Computer, Science: Pick 1 subject
● SAT/IELTS Prep
Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year.
Our student can choose from a range of assessment options to gain Cambridge International AS & A Level qualifications:
● Take the Cambridge International AS Level only. The syllabus content is half a Cambridge International A Level.
● Take a ‘staged’ assessment route - take the Cambridge International AS Level in one examination series and complete the final Cambridge International A Level at a subsequent series. AS Level marks can be carried forward to a full A Level twice within a 13 month period.
● Take all papers of the Cambridge International A Level course in the same examination session, usually at the end of the course.
Cambridge International AS & A Level examination series are held twice a year, in June and November. Results are issued in August and January.